- On February 23, on the 77th anniversary of the deportation of Chechen and Ingush peoples, Ramzan Kadyrov addressed the people. However, he did that not directly, but through his speaker Magomed Daudov.
- ‘Novaya Gazeta’ newspaper has documented more than three dozen extrajudicial executions in the Chechen Republic.
- In the German city of Koblenz, a court sentenced a former Syrian intelligence officer to a prison term of 4.5 years.
- The human rights organization ‘Amnesty International’ has stripped Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny of the status of a prisoner of conscience.
- The Public Verdict Foundation has distributed video recordings of torture of prisoners by employees of the Yaroslavl correctional colony IK-1. One of them died after being tortured.
Copyright ©2021, VAYFOND. All rights reserved